We are looking for a Senior Developer to lead the engineering efforts for our AI-powered SaaS application. Your role will be to build a robust and scalable enterprise SaaS solution. We are looking for someone to bring their experience leading teams and scaling SaaS applications to make our product excellent.
This is an exciting opportunity to part of a startup that is applying deep learning to a real-world problem at global scale. We’re always looking for leaders and there is room to grow for the right person to take increasing responsibility working as part of a small and dynamic team.
Tokyo, Melbourne, San Francisco (willing to negotiate remote work as well)
- Lead a team of developers building an enterprise SaaS product
- Design and implement well-tested, performant, and scalable back-end services, with a Rails heart and a number of additional services
- Help build our front end which is in Ember
- Contribute to the iterative design of our microservices architecture and its implementation on Google Container Engine
- Solve complex problems related to deployment of machine learning services, making our AI feel like magic to the end user
- Help manage fast and reliable database infrastructure, primarily with Postgres
- Ensure the security of our application through knowledge and implementation of best practices in cloud architecture
- Manage our version control flow and CI/CD infrastructure
- Monitor our test quality and coverage
- Organise pair programming and other learning opportunities for your team
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science or equivalent
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- Experience leading a development team
- Experience on a team that scaled a SaaS application
- Demonstrable experience building well-documented, clearly versioned APIs, e.g. with Swagger
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices architecture in production
- Experience with cloud computing such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or similar on a professional project
- A proven track record of developing, testing, shipping and maintaining high-quality software at scale
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in production
- Experience with message passing and queuing systems like Celery and RabbitMQ
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- MSc/MEng degree in computer science, mathematics, machine learning or equivalent
- Experience deploying machine learning services (especially TensorFlow) in production
- Passion for AI and excitement about new developments
- Contributions to open source projects
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.